WE HAVE DIFFERENT tastes when it comes to beauty, so as the set of judges of Miss Universe 2015. Nevertheless, no one could stop us, ordinary citizens, from voicing out our opinion especially when the task at hand is choosing our own winners worthy of the Miss Universe crown.
Will it be another Latina? A black beauty this time? How about an Asian?
The question remains unanswered. Who will be crowned Miss Universe 2015?
The coronation night in Las Vegas is set on Sunday, December 20 (Monday morning, December 21 in the Philippines). Bet that all the pageant fans worldwide are now ready to be glued in front of their TV screen once again as we watch the pageant unfolds.
Together with our besties either at home or in a hotel room, have we thought of what to munch in between postings on social media about our thoughts on the pageant? Or you don’t care at all?
How about a review of what has transpired during the preliminary competition?
Bring out your pen and paper. For now, we are the judges.
I am posting below my Top 15 Hot Picks (just like the tradition), and feel free to post in the comments the candidate/s of your choice. No hurt feelings. Ready?
In no particular order, here are our Top 15 Picks!
Selecting our Top 5 is not an easy task as our initial list has around 20 names. We just needed to cut it down to 15 based on their photos, their performance during the prelims, among other factors. Take note that we don’t know yet how these ladies fare during the private interview portion, which was done by the Miss Universe Organization before the prelims. From our list of 15 semi-finalists, we selected the five finest gals who we believe have what it takes to be Miss Universe, and they are:
- Monika Radulovic, Miss Universe Australia 2015. This lady is oozing with sweetness and charm, and she’s that candidate you’d love to see do it one more time as she ramps the catwalk. This stunner is definitely in to bringing home the crown for Australia. Should she make it to the official semi-finalists, Monika will be the one to beat. Believe us.
2. Mariana Jimenez, Miss Universe Venezuela 2015. She may not be the best Venezuelan beauty queen the country has sent to compete in this pageant but the lady is fierce enough, prepared enough, beautiful enough, and determined enough to pull it off. Last year’s Top 15 placement seems odd for the beauty queen-producing country, and it seems Mariana is bound to take back the crown last snatched by Gabriella Isler in 2013.
3. Miss Universe Brazil 2015 Marthina Brandt. No one can deny the fact that this lady is out to bring home the third crown for Brazil. She is definitely one of our favorites, and we explained it all in this post. Click here to know why we think Marthina could just be the next Miss Universe.
4. Olivia Jordan, Miss USA 2015. The host country is not yet done making noise in the pageant they own, right at the comfort of their own fence as Olivia Jordan is just ready to take another chance in wearing the crown last worn by her namesake, Olivia Culpo in 2012, and almost snatched by Nia Sanchez last year. Another American beauty to win the American-owned pageant may become controversial but who cares? We wouldn’t mind Olivia winning it, would you?
5. Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, Miss Universe Philippines 2015. Forgive us for loving our own but in whatever angle you’ll look at things, this Filipina beauty is the strongest contender for the crown. The beauty, the fierceness, the character, the brain, and everything Pia is crown-worthy. Personally, I wasn’t a fan of Pia during the local pageant but now that she has proven her worth, the lady could be the third Miss Universe from this country of ours.
To joining our top 10 picks are six other ladies whose beauty could snatch the judges’ hearts – In n particular order, they are:
6. Ariadna Gutierrez, Miss Universe Colombia 2015. Pressure seems taking its toll to this Colomban beauty as she’s into winning back-to-back Paulina. Her performance was good but Ariadna might fall short to expectations but a higher placement for her is just within reach. A back-to-back win? That would be a little impossible. But who knows? Anything could happen in just a blink of an eye.
7. Clarissa Molina, Miss Universe Dominican Republic 2015. She is pretty, no one could deny that. She wasn’t my favorite until I saw her perform during the prelims. Look out for this lady. She might just drop the bomb.
8. Huong Pham, Miss Universe Vietnam 2015. Since the day she arrived in Vegas, this lady did not fail to amaze me, and my friends of pageant fans. I wouldn’t mind betting for her to snatch the crown. Should she outperform our top contenders, this lady might just bring home the first crown for Vietnam.
9. Maria-Belen Jerez Spuler, Miss Universe Chile 2015. Chile! Chile! Chile! This lady is so damn hot that her hotness might just bring her to the top of her game. Watch out for Maria-Belen!
10. Myriam Arevalos, Miss Universe Paraguay 2015. One of the not-so-sash factor candidates that amazes me. Miss Paraguay could just pull it off to winning the crown. My eyes are all set for this lady.
Our Top 11-15 picks are composed of gorgeous ladies that could turn the table on their favor on Sunday, just after their names are called to be joining the semi-finalists. Since nothing is set on stone yet, any of these ladies could just make it to the finals — ala Angolan Miss Universe Leila Lopes in 2011.
11. Laura Spoya, Miss Universe Peru 2015
12. Anindya Kusuma Putri, Miss Universe Indonesia 2015
13. Lisa Elizabeth Drouillard, Miss Universe Haiti 2015
14. Toria Nichole, Miss Universe Bahamas 2015
15. Aniporn Chalermburanawong, Miss Universe Thailand 2015
Missed it? Watch the preliminary competition below. Jump to 26th min. as this official video has a lot of photos in the beginning.
These 15 ladies captured my eyes. Who captured yours? Let us know in the comments.
Photos from Miss Universe Organization.